Monday, August 6, 2007

Archon & MySpace

I'm back from a mega-conference in Collinsville, Illinois (Archon), and man, what a weekend! I got to meet some really phenomenal authors and chatted with the likes of Peter Beagle, Sharon Hambley, and Linnea Sinclair. I didn't get to chat with Laurell K. Hamilton this time, because she and I were never on any of the same panels. But all in all, it was a great success.

The glory of Archon isn't so much the networking as it is the appreciation for people who don't succumb to the parameters of social expectations. I love the attitude of attendees at sci-fi conferences who dress for the joy of showing off their dedication to a character or an era. If all of us dropped our guard more and lived for ourselves and not for the expectations of others, what a world it would be…

The main thing I learned from Archon was that I need to develop my MySpace page and not just my website (http://www.barrilbumgarner.com/). No matter how cool my website is, my MySpace page will reach a vast audience that I haven't tapped into…and I need a really cool background!!

So I'm going to take some time this week to do that…If anybody has pointers for me, I'm all ears!

When you visit my website, take a peek at all the new additions, then venture over to my MySpace page and give me some input.

No comments: