I have been sharing updates about my books and my author life on my Facebook Author page, though not very regularly. But I have finally gotten a new website, my books are being re-released, and I am making time to write and work on new projects. So I plan to get back at blogging and promoting my books, sharing my projects, and being available to do speaking engagements again.
So I hope you will join me on this quest as Fifty Cents for a Dr Pepper comes out in paperback, eBook, AND on Audible as an audio book. It's been a goal, and it's almost here! The eBook will be available Aug. 17th on Amazon or through my website, the audio book will be on Audible sometime in August (I will keep you updated!), and the paperback is in the proof stage. Fingers crossed it will be released late summer or early this fall.
Dregs is in early stages to be an eBook, then it will be re-released in paperback, and the audio book will be a Fall project. Slipping will be next! And finally, I hope to have 8 Days back in paperback and available as an eBook.
My motto in life has always been to dare to dream, and I've tried to live by that mantra. Being an adult doesn't mean we have to be serious all the time. Remembering to play and enjoy life's simpler pleasures is the key to staying young and making your dreams come true.
You have to grow older, you don't have to grow up.
While many of you have heard me say that on occasion, I think I'm embracing it more now that I'm in my 60s. Being a teacher, a teacher educator, a writer, and an advocate of digital literacy inspires me to evolve and explore new things. But it has also reminded me to enjoy the simple things. The sunrise, a sunset, a glass of wine on the patio, kissing the nose of my Boston chihuahua every chance I get, and staying connected to those who have been part of my journey. One of my mom's YaYas passed away last week, and I am so grateful we had gone to Dallas to see her this past February. It matters to be present, if you can. To give back, if you can. And to pay it forward, if you can.
It's what we do in life that will be remembered. Inez was an amazing human being, and I hope I can be just an nth of the person she was.
No comments:
Post a Comment